Welp, the time is almost come. I am in the last waking hours of my twenties as my birthday lurks just days away.
I’m not going to lie. I am not freaking out about my birthday. Like, at all.
When I turned 20 I had a total mental breakdown. I don’t know why exactly but I guess I realized that I was an adult and the overwhelming weight of being responsible for my own decisions was heavy on my shoulders. And I did not handle it gracefully.
I’m fairly certain my brother had to chase a drunk me down an alley as I bawled my eyes out. Like I said… like a swan.
But now that I am facing 30, I am cool as a cucumber.
This could be because I already have a child so life is already over. (I kid, I kid… kind of)
Everything happened in my twenties. I met the love of my life, I got my dream job, I got pregnant, married, bought a house and started my own business. There was a lot of action in my twenties.
But I never made a bucket list.
So for my thirties I am writing out a list of things I want to do and achieve in this decade.
- Make BabeLife Fitness a full time job
- Learn to code
- Become my fittest self
- Get a dog
- Sleep more
- Pay off all my debt
- Start an “Oh Shit” Fund
- Take my family to Australia
- Retire my husband
- Buy my husband a brand new car… in cash
- Hit my goal weight
- Go on a trip to Greece with my husband
- Go on a trip to Italy with my husband
- Take my family to Disney World
- Be in a financial position to donate 10% of my income to charity
- Learn to Meditate. Finally.
- Fine that elusive balance.
- Hire a housekeeper. Like, seriously.
- Live near water.
- Stress less
- Spend more time with my girlfriends
- Spend more time with my daughter
- Spend less time working
- Go on at least one vacation a year just with my husband
- Be more organized
- Take a big risk
- Love unconditionally
- Be less judgmental
- Give myself a break
- See the crystal waters of Bora Bora
So there it is. It’s official. I am hopeful that I can do it all by the time I’m 40 but I’m sure that it will change over time. And that’s OK too.
Have you ever made a bucket list? What’s on yours?