Welp, things got a little heavy around here yesterday. It was a tough post to write and I need to lighten things up a bit.
Summer is here and salads are in. Get with the program.
When the weather gets warm, we want to be outside all. the. time. We take advantage of being outside as much as we can because where we live, we only have like 6 months to enjoy it. That’s why we love to barbeque. It lets us be outside, cook dinner and take in the sunshine. It certainly doesn’t hurt to have a sassy cocktail in your hand either.
This salad, to me, is the perfect salad. It’s delicious, it’s healthy, and it doesn’t feel like “diet food.” We don’t eat a lot of steak in our house but when we do, we enjoy it.
And if you’re feeling extra sassy, throw a green onion cake on the bottom and prepare to have your mind blown.
Let me know if you try it! Happy Friday!
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 large carrot- shaved
- 1⁄2 red pepper chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 NY Strips
- 4 Tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1⁄4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- First, we gotta warm up that grill! While it’s warming, thinly coat your steaks with Montreal Steak Spice. It had a pretty strong flavor
- so less is more, my friends! Throw all the veggies together and toss the salad. This is where you would throw in that goat cheese, if you’re so inclined. Once your salad is assembled, cook those steaks direct heat on high for 4-6 minutes a side, depending on how you like yours done. Cut them into strips and place on your salad. Mix all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.