It’s that time of year again… The time we take stock of the last 365 days and look to the next year of our lives. What did we do well? What did we need to improve on? How can we make next year better?
Most people like to skip this step and just reach for another sugar cookie but I find that if I don’t pay attention to my actions, I will never improve. It’s so easy to ignore the past but if you ever want to a brighter future, you have to look inside yourself and get real honest.
So here is my list of things I did well in 2015:
- Hustler, baby! I made business for myself and worked my buns off (not completely 🙁 )
- I re-committed to my health in a lasting way.
- I tried new things.
- I tried. No matter the circumstances, I never gave up hope that there was a solution.
- I learned to appreciate my family more and be grateful in the small moments.
But with the good, comes the not so good. Here is my list of things I did not do so well in 2015:
- I stressed. the fuck. out. I was an anxiety-worry machine and totally let it get to me.
- I was not patient enough with my family.
- I had some really lazy periods. So many undone projects…
- I made excuses. For all the undone projects…
- I did not appreciate myself enough. I am one beautiful motherfucking babe.
I don’t generally have a hard time being honest with myself. Probably because I’m prone to be guilt-ridden and stressed. But it’s easy to pick on yourself. It’s easy to shove all your mistakes in your face and binge eat until you feel better. What’s hard is committing to a lasting solution. If I want to be a different person, then I have to start doing something about it. I would love to be someone who just instinctually works out every day and makes healthy food choices. But it doesn’t come easy.
Habit begets habit. The more you do something, the easier it is to do. If I start working our everyday, then it will become easier to do so. What’s hard is constantly stopping and starting and recommitting every time. So I just have to stop stopping. If I want to be someone who works out and makes healthy food choices, then I just have to workout and make healthy food choices. Don’t let one bad decision deride my momentum but acknowledge the slip up and move on!
So here is my list of New Years Resolutions for 2016:
- Commit to my new years resolutions!
- Workout 6 days a week (minimum 4!)
- Go for a 30-45 minute walk 3-5 times a week.
- 8 servings of vegetables a day!!!!
- Be grateful. I have so much.
- Help people. Either through Beachbody or daily acts of kindness. I am one lucky sumbitch and betta pay it forward.
- Meditate 3 times a week. I need calm in 2016.
- Breathe. Take a moment for myself ever. damn. day.
- Be present. Stop looking towards the ends of my goals and be proud and happy in the moment.
- Never give up. Things might not go as quickly as you like but trust in the process and keep going.
What do you think? Did I set manageable and measurable goals for 2016? What are your goals? I would love to hear them!